How to Plan a Bathroom Renovation
When it’s time to renovate your dated bathroom, it can feel overwhelming and difficult to decide where to begin. However, with a little planning and organization, your remodeling project can go smoothly – and end with a beautifully renovated bathroom!
At Bath Barn, we’ve helped hundreds of homeowners plan and execute successful bathroom remodel, and we’ve learned a few tips along the way…
In this blog, we’ll outline the steps you should take to plan your bathroom renovation, including setting a budget, deciding on features, and finding a contractor.
Keep reading to learn more!
Bathroom Renovation Plan: Step-by-Step
Who doesn’t love a nicely organized plan of action? We sure do! The following steps will help make the renovation process a stress-free one!
Here are the steps you should take when planning your bathroom renovation:
- Level of Difficulty: Are you planning to make a few cosmetic upgrades, or planning a gut and replace? This will greatly impact every aspect of the project, especially the budget. Once you decide what your overall goal is for the renovation, you can move onto the next steps.
- Setting a Budget: How much would you like to spend on your bathroom renovation? Before talking to a contractor, having a ballpark for your budget is important. This will determine what materials and features are within reach. It’s also important to set aside some extra funds in case any unexpected issues arise during the renovation process!
- Deciding on Features: Do you want to add a double vanity, upgrade your shower, or change the layout of the room entirely? Take some time to research different design options and find what fits both your style and budget. (Check out our Inspiration Gallery!)
- Finding a Contractor: This may be the most important step! We all have a friend that knows a guy (that knows a guy). Choose a contractor who has experience in bathroom renovations and can bring your vision to life – and is insured! Get quotes from multiple contractors to compare prices, and always check their references before making a decision. This process will also help with your own education of design styles, features, materials, etc. – and potentially avoid those unexpected issues during the renovation process! (Learn more tips for hiring a bathroom remodeling contractor.)
- Creating a Timeline: Work with your contractor to set realistic milestones for the renovation project. This will ensure that everything stays on track and is completed in a timely manner. Following these steps can help make the process of planning your bathroom renovation run smoothly and result in a beautiful, updated space!
Disclaimer: This blog post is intended for informational purposes only and should not be considered professional or legal advice.
Contact a Design Consultant from Bath Barn!
If you’d much rather have assistance during the entire planning process, Bath Barn can help! Our design consultants have years of experience and can guide you through every step of your bathroom renovation, from the initial planning to the finishing touches. Plus, we have a team of craftsmen who will bring your vision to life exactly how it’s planned.
Ready to start the planning process? Contact us today to schedule your free design consultation!