How Much Does it Cost to Remodel a Bathroom?
Are you finally thinking about remodeling that bathroom? If so, you’re probably curious about what your budget will actually get you.
In this post, we’ll explore some of the major factors that influence the cost of a bathroom remodel and provide some ballpark estimates for various projects. Keep in mind that these numbers are just a starting point; the final cost of your project will vary depending on your specific needs and desired features. Be sure to consult with a professional designer to get the most accurate estimate for your project.
Continue reading to learn about the cost variables of a bathroom remodel or contact a design consultant at Bath Barn in Lancaster County!
Contact a Design Consultant
Several factors for the cost of a bathroom remodel.
The cost of a bathroom remodel can vary depending on several factors. What is the size of the bathroom? Solid-surface vs. real stone tile? Shower or bathtub? The quality of materials used, and the amount of labor required will ultimately affect the cost of the project. An average bathroom remodel will cost between $20,000 and $30,000 although some high-end projects can cost considerably more.
Still need some design ideas? Check out our inspiration gallery!
Large vs. small bathroom remodel pricing.
As we mentioned above, a major factor in remodeling price is the size of the bathroom. A small bathroom will obviously cost less to remodel than a large bathroom. For large master bathrooms, prices will range from $30,000 and up. This includes the cost of installing new fixtures and premium materials as well as making changes to your plumbing or electric hook-ups if needed – which can add up quickly.
Price Guide: Additional costs of a bathroom remodeling project.
|Shower||$7,000 – $25,000 (price range)|
|Countertops||$700 – $4,000|
|Cabinets||$1,000 – $5,000|
|Toilet||$500 – $3,000|
|Vanity||$1,000 – $5,000|
|Flooring||$800 – $5,000|
|Plumbing||$500 – $15,000|
- Showers & Bathtubs: The size and style of your shower can also impact the price. For example, installation for a freestanding tub will incur additional plumbing costs that are not present with an alcove tub and shower.
- Cabinets and Vanities: Custom cabinetry is a great option for those who want to make their bathrooms as unique and personal as they are. Whether you need custom-made cabinets or just some extra storage space, our talented designers will design something to fit your needs!
- Countertops: Materials like stone and quartz can be more costly and harder to install, but they’re worth the investment for a durable space. If you want an easier alternative that won’t break the bank then cultured marble or solid surface countertops work well in many spaces without sacrificing style or quality!
- Faucet: The price of a faucet can vary depending on the manufacturer, style, and material used. Plumbing grade faucets will have better life expectancy than something from a big box store. Investing in a quality faucet will be will worth your money to not have unnecessary repairs.
- Sinks: There are a range of prices to fit every budget for pedestals, vessel sinks, undermount sinks and, drop-ins. Options range from inexpensive to more costly depending on style and material.
- Toilet: Whether it be a basic or luxury model, the installation process will remain similar.
- Wall and Floor Tile: The wall and flooring tile is an important design factor for how people view the space. With so many different materials to choose from – including natural stone and classic ceramic options that mimic their counterparts with style – you’ll have plenty of choices for décor without breaking out into a sweat trying to decide what’s right!
Contact Bath Barn’s design consultants for a bathroom remodel price quote!
Bathroom remodeling can be a daunting task, but it doesn’t have to be. By understanding some of the basics of what goes into a bathroom remodel – size, materials, fixtures, etc. – as well as getting an idea for ballpark prices, you’ll be able to make an informed decision and get started on your dream bathroom!
If you’re still not sure where to start, the team of expert designers at Bath Barn are here to help. Visit our showroom in Lititz, PA or schedule a free consultation today – we’ll help you get the bathroom you’ve always wanted!